






I am not making promises anymore. I suck at blogging. However, once in a while I have the desire to give an update on our lives. This just happens to be one of those days. As summer nears to a close, I realize there is so much to share with you all. Family BBQ's, weddings, strawberry jam, vacations, swimming....so many highlights.
I'll start with April since my last post was in MARCH! In April we took a week long trip to So. Cal. We went to Disneyland for a few days then drove the PCH up to Santa Barbara for a good friends wedding; stopping at the beach along the way. We also had a short but sweet visit with my aunt and cousins who I haven't seen in five years. It was a packed week, filled with great memories!
May brought the last day of preschool for Abbey and three weeks of swimming lessons to follow. She LOVED swimming this year. She now puts her head under water and advanced to the next class! Way to go Abbey!
In June, Tasha and Lane came up from California and we had a fun girls' weekend the week after she got here. Quality time with my girlfriends was great as usual and always treasure. The following week we attended my 10 year class reunion! It was hard to believe we've been out 10 years already!! I wasn't sure how if it would be fun or not, but I ended up having a great time. Fun to catch up with old classmates!
July was full for us. On the fourth we celebrated Ella's SECOND birthday! I had a hard time with this one. She is my baby and time moves too fast! We had a huge party with family and friends and ended the night with a bonfire and fireworks. It was a fun day!
Four days later, I found out I was pregnant! Baby number three is on the way!!!! We are so excited!!! I am now 13 weeks along and due March 9th, 2011.
On July 10th, I ran in the Chuckanut Foot Race for the second time. Love the run, but didn't do so well this year, being tired and pregnant!
We also left that day for a 12 day vacation to Eastern Washington. Stops included Crescent Bar, Lake Chelan and my inlaws property. It was great "family time". We swam ALL DAY, everyday. The girls loved the water and I swore Abbey turned into a fish while we were gone! What a swimmer! Other highlights were going for icecream after dinner, go cart rides, laying out, and catching a rattle snake - yep, Abbey brought me the rattle!!! So gross!
Since we've been home, we haven't been doing a whole lot. My morning sickness was in full force and still is, so we've been home a lot! Lot's of backyard swimming pool days!
In August, Duane participated (for the fourth year in a row) in the TW golf classic tournament in Lynden. Always good to see old friends! Abbey and Ella went to the fair three times this year! They got spoiled by Nana, went on rides, peeked at animals, visited Auntie Michelle and her horse Joey in the 4-H barn, and ate a ton of cotton candy! It was a fun week for them!
That brings us to the present. We are enjoying these sunny days as much as possible. I am battling this pregnancy sickness almost all day, taking it one day at a time. Looking forward to this part being over! I've had two ultrasounds already - it's so fun to watch the baby! Such a miracle already!!! Love it! More updates to come soon!
Hope you all had a wonderful, memorable summer as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment